- We believe that the most successful biopharm businesses are science-driven, market-led, and patient-focused. This strategic business-building approach helps drive and sustain a flow of innovative products and services that provide significant value to patients, clinicians, payers, and investors. Too often strategies and tactics are developed in isolation without a holistic mindset across the lifecycle focused on clinically relevant and differentiated solutions that harness the organization’s strengths and address real unmet needs.
- Our deep and broad commercial insights and expertise, along with strong scientific and disease area literacy and collaborative skills, enables efficient and effective problem solving and creation of value-generating solutions that build strong competitive differentiation.
- We actively listen and question so we can together with the client define the real challenges and issues and structure impactful solutions that advance the business.
- We care deeply about the work we do and bring fresh, clear, and innovative thinking to every opportunity and challenge, realizing there is no “one size fits all” solution.
- We are an agile and learning organization that continually learns, innovates, and adapts to ensure our clients receive the best thinking and value.
- We desire to work in a partnership with clients to effectively bridge the gaps that often develop between strategy and execution. Clear and focused strategy is necessary but not sufficient for sustaining enduring competitive advantage.
- We are responsive, collaborative, flexible, and cost-effective. We are committed to work out a project plan adapted to your timing, size, and budget, and consistently strive to deliver solutions that exceed client expectations.
- We desire to not only partner with for-profit commercial firms, but also non-profit firms and agencies where we can help clients significantly extend their reach and impact to improve communities and lives.
An insightful, collaborative, and creative leader, Leo carries more than 25 years of deep cross-functional commercial and clinical development experience across both biologics and small molecules. He has built and shaped brands across multiple therapeutic areas, with particular expertise in specialty and rare disease/Orphan Drug markets across all phases of the product lifecycle. Core therapeutic areas of expertise include neuroscience, oncology, immunology, cardiovascular, and GI, as well as biomarkers.
His proven record of success spans global marketing, business development, negotiations, and alliance capability building and leadership. This unique cross-functional perspective enables Leo to look at challenges holistically and to critically and thoughtfully assess scientific differentiation, major market drivers, strategies, and tactics vital to building enduring competitive advantage. And, his science-driven, market-led, patient-focused approach maximizes product value to patients, clinicians, and payers through its lifecycle.
Prior to founding StraNexa LLC, Leo held various leadership roles across marketing, business development, and alliance leadership at leading firms such as AstraZeneca, Merck, Astra Merck, and Regeneron. Leo earned an MBA from Harvard Business School (fellowship), a BS in Business Administration from West Virginia University (summa cum laude; Rhodes Scholarship Finalist), and executive leadership certifications from Northwestern University (Kellogg) and University of Pennsylvania (Wharton). He also completed extensive coursework in biological sciences (Villanova University/Bucks CC), earning high honors (Phi Theta Kappa distinction), and a graduate of the HMX Program at Harvard Medical School (immuno-oncology, pharmacology and immunology). In addition, he is an expert instructor for Biotech Primer (www.biotechprimer.com), facilitating a course he created covering important concepts within strategic commercialization in biopharmaceuticals, as well as facilitating its Drug Development Immersion course. Leo also serves as a volunteer Strategic Projects Director for the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network (CDCN) www.cdcn.org, and is co-founder and strategic advisor to the Camden Dream Center, a non-profit community organization dedicated to empowering inner-city families with education and career pathways (www.camdendreamcenter.org).